A comprehensive software pack available for LGV and PCV drivers. Practice using every OFFICIAL DSA Theory Test revision question and hundreds of hazard perception video clips.
• Practise questions covering everything you could be asked in your Theory Test
• Sit unlimited random mock tests
• All mock tests are accurately timed, just like the real test
• NEW - view the full OFFICIAL DSA explanations to help you understand and remember the correct answers
• Test yourself on incorrect or unanswered questions
• Monitor your progress and find out when you’re ready to sit the real test
• Includes essential information about the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence
• Optional voiceover to help those with reading difficulties
• Essential advice covering all aspects of the Theory Test
• Printable Theory Test book
Hazard Perception Test
• Sit unlimited random mock tests that accurately simulate the OFFICIAL DSA test
• Review feature helps you to understand how each hazard develops
• Watch the OFFICIAL DSA sample video clips and introduction video
• All test clips are shot from outside the car, just like the real test
• Detailed progress monitor
• Cheat detection, just like the OFFICIAL DSA test
• Learn on the Go, anytime, anywhere
• Practise audio Theory Test revision questions when you’re on the move using your mobile phone, iPod® or other MP3 compatible device
Our opinion of Focus LGV and PCV Theory & Hazard Perception Tests PC DVD-ROM
A recently released product from Focus Multimedia, the same company that produces the popular Driving Tests Success products.
So what sets this product apart from other similar products?
We found the product to be very comprehensive containing both Theory and Hazard Perception Tests and much other information. Like all Focus products it will no doubt prove very popular.
Our only concern in what is a very professional product, is a general point that applies to many driving related CD/DVD products. There seems to be a race to put as much information as possible on all driving related discs. Whilst in some respects this is laudable, we wonder about the value to the end user and whether these extras could distract and even add to the worries and nervousness associated with taking a test. Maybe its just us, but sometimes we think less is more.
The disc contains a printable copy of the theory questions, and gives you the option of printing the entire book, current page only, or selected sections. We printed off the first section, Accidents, and used 32 A4 sheets of paper in the process. Could work out expensive unless you just wanted to print the odd couple of pages here and there, so in reality we don't think this feature would be a substitute for a printed and bound book of questions and answers.
In summary an excellent product from a trusted and professional company,
PC Operating System: Windows® XP (SP3) / Vista (SP2) / Windows® 7 (SP1)
PC CPU Type and Speed: Pentium® IV 1.5GHz or better
Hard Drive Space (MB): 500MB (5.5GB for full installation)
Memory: 512MB (1GB for Windows® Vista or 7)
Graphics: Any DirectX 9 graphics card (with at least 32MB video memory, running at 1024x768 24 bit colour or higher)
Audio: Any DirectX® 9 compatible soundcard
Printer: Optional to print documents and reports
Internet: Required for registration, updates and web links
Extra Info: Not compatible with most Netbook PCs