All those involved in the assessment of candidates working towards national qualifications require accreditation themselves. This fully revised fourth edition of The NVQ Assessor, Verifer and Candidate Handbook provides the fundamental information, practical advice and background knowledge for anyone wishing to obtain the assessor or internal verifer qualifications.
Packed with detailed and reliable guidance, samples of completed documentation and real-life case studies, this essential handbook - the only book available for NVQ assessors and verifiers - gives a template for success. From the assessor's point of view, it shows the standards expected to ensure objectivity and consistency when assessing and marking the work submitted by the candidate. For the verifier, it gives a detailed template for delivering absolute consistency across assessors. For the candidate, it shows what is expected by the assessor in terms of presentation of work, recoding of documents and the correct submission of material.
- The context of NVQ quality assurance
- Overview of key changes affecting the assessment and verification of NVQs
- Knowledge assessment for assessors and internal verifiers
- Requirements for assessors using a range of methods and observational assessors
- Requirements for internal verifiers
- Assessment and internal verification in practice
- Comprehensive glossary of assessment-related terminology and a listing of support material
- Tips for candidates