Become a safe and responsible cyclist with Cyclecraft - The complete guide to safe and enjoyable cycling for adults and children. Whether you are new to cycling, looking to extend your skills, or wanting to know how best to teach your children to cycle, Cyclecraft covers everything you need to know. Fully updated for 2014, this guide contains more photos, illustrations and practical advice than ever before. Learn how to choose a bicycle and set it up through to advanced techniques for cycling safely on busier roads with faster traffic.
Cyclecraft is closely associated with Bikeability, the National Cycle Training Standard, for which it is the recommended course book and required reading by cycle trainee instructors. The 2014 edition of Cyclecraft has been thoroughly revised and extended, in part to reflect experience gained though implementation of the National Standard.
- How to get started, with special advice for parents
- Advice on carrying children, goods and riding with others
- 50 new photographs
- New illustrations depicting a planned system of cycling
- Basic skills, such as balancing, steering and gear changing
- Updated diagrams throughout depicting cycling manoeuvres
- Practical advice on how to ride a bike confidently and safely in modern traffic conditions
- How to share the roads and integrate with traffic
- Bikeability skill levels shown throughout the book
- Learning outcomes and checklists throughout the book