Now in its 19th edition, The Driving Instructor's Handbook is widely recognized in the driver training industry as the authoritative reference guide for both trainee and qualified instructors. This best-selling handbook is listed as recommended material by the DVSA and covers every aspect of the profession, from the role and the characteristics needed to do the job well, through preparation for the three ADI examination requirements (theory and hazard perception, driving ability and instructional ability), to the driving test.
THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY OUT OF PRINT PENDING PUBLICATION OF A NEW EDITION ON THE 3RD JULY
Fully updated with the latest essential information, The Driving Instructor's Handbook includes additional official DVSA revision questions, guidance on the National Syllabus for Driving and a renewed focus on client-centered learning.
- Driving licences
- The role of the driving instructor
- The ADI register and the qualifying examination
- Preparing for the Standards Check
- The driver and the car
- Preparing for the ADI practical tests - driving and instructional ability
- ADI part 1 theory and hazard perception tests
- Driver training
- Coaching and client-centered learning skills
- Road traffic law
- Teaching people with disabilities