If you buy 10 copies, we can give you a better discount.
Click here to see how much more you can save
Whether you're a learner, an experienced LGV driver or an instructor, this book has something for you. It's packed full of expert advice designed to improve your skills and keep everyone safe on today's increasingly crowded roads.
This new edition contains sections on Driver CPC and the national standard for driving lorries. As well as essential guidance on practical driving skills and the latest regulations including information about new emission zones in London
- Background information - understanding your vehicle, types of loads and how to secure them, health and safety and manual handling techniques
- Getting your licence - includes a revised section on the LGV driving test
- National Standards - information on the National Standard for Driving Lorries. The National Standard forms the basis of the testsboth theory and practicalfor every category of vehicle
- Essential advice - key driving skills and techniques for different vehicles and conditions to keep you and your load safe
- Driver CPC - the information you need for your CPC tests
- Your responsibility - learn how to stay safe and drive competently. Features EC and UK legal requirements, as well as working time and tachograph regulations
- Practical driving skills - including driving at night, motorway driving, all-weather driving, ecosafe driving, avoiding and dealing with congestion and breakdowns
- Preparing for your test - applying for your theory and practical tests and what to expect on the day, including full details of the practical test requirements
- Staying safe - how to avoid incidents and ensure you are fit to drive, plus first aid tips
- Extra information - including vehicle security, international travel and a glossary of useful terms