Keep safe, make sure you are up-to-date with all the latest rules of the road, and avoid penalties and fines by getting your copy of The Official Highway Code, which is seeing one of it's biggest overhauls with new rules coming into force.
It remains essential reading for any road user. Many rules are a legal requirement and, if you disobey them, you're committing a criminal offence. Make sure you have the latest copy.
Changes for 2022
New rules on the hierarchy of road users - This means the introduction of new responsibilities towards more vulnerable road users, to keep them safe on the road. These are known as the 'H' rules
Mobile Phones - Tighter restrictions on the use of mobile phones whilst driving
Junctions - You should give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross a road that you're turning into
Parking Laws - New rules around parking on pavements
Source material - The Official Highway Code remains one of the source materials for all theory tests
Keep safe, make sure you're up to date with the latest rules of the road. Avoid penalties and fines by getting the latest copy of The Official Highway Code.
- The very latest rules of the road, including to the laws you should keep to in order to avoid fines, penalty points, disqualification and even prison
- References to legislation that offences are based on
- Advice on road safety and best practice
- Source material for many theory test questions an essential resource for test preparation
- Advice to help newly qualified drivers through the first twelve months after passing their test the period when theyre most vulnerable
- Emphasis on courtesy, attitude and awareness